Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"America is a land of taxation that was founded to avoid taxation." -- Dr. Laurence J. Peter

Trish got me started again...

Creative Taxation I'd Like To See In the World:

I'm a fan of air quotes, but I'd like to tax the inefficient use of them.

I'd like to tax people who pay for commercials and billboard advertisements but don't proofread them first (btw, Love, it's "voila"...there's an accent on it too, I think, but I'm too lazy to try to figure out how to Hyper-text Markup Language it).

Trish wanted to tax people who use acronyms. I was once berated by my ex-boyfriend for using acronyms in conversation. DQ, BK, McD's. Apparently my acronyms used to only involve fast food joints. I've branched out since then. I guess I'd probably be taxed for this, but you won't witness me saying "Oh em jee" in a person-to-person conversation, unless I'm using air quotes. :0)

Let's tax companies that come up with misspelled words and/or mush words together with a capital letter separating the two for their businesses and products. Xtreme, YouTube, NetFlix, Facebook, GoDaddy, Xcel Energy, Bancorp, Xtreem...Xtreem? Really?

Extreme and the various spellings of it should be taxed all to hell.

People on scooters who think it's okay to park on my sidewalk five feet from my front door.

Smart Car owners.

Manufacturers who skimp on the tips of their cotton swabs.

Companies who send their bills with extra b.s. in the envelope.

Anything "As Seen On TV."

The person who invented reality TV.

The people responsible for over-hyping global warming.

Manufacturers who sell "green" bulbs with mercury in them.

The government for playing "Over-Protective Parent."

Whoever keeps swapping out my socks for hangers.

4 comments:

  1. Socks for hangers? I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, and you can add taxing your brother for every time he tells me to use his "other" email address and then NEVER responds when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, tax your brother for making everyone look at his bum all the time....although it is funny so I guess he can go duty free......unless he's making duty......hehehe
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thanks to Trish for getting you off your blog posting ass!

    ReplyDelete