Saturday, February 21, 2009

Well, duh

So Momma's blog had a "What kind of flower are you?" questionnaire and I'm a sucker for being told what I am. I'm not sure how relevant the Canna flower itself is to me, but the included description certainly doesn't sound far off.


You stand up for what you believe in, even if it gets in the way of what other people think. You are proud of yourself and your accomplishments and you enjoy letting people know that.

But not, snotty, like that sounds. I hope I don't give off the "look at me!" impression. I just like to be unique. Marriage, kids, a college degree, that's all...ubiquitous to me. Yeah, I'll probably be that crazy, old, cat lady spinster who lives down the street, but I'll be the crazy, old, cat lady spinster who: 1) hates cats, 2) rides a sportbike, 3) plays her music loud, 4) reads just about anything, 5) loves useless information, and 6) occasionally skydives. Oops...and also finds farts funny after all those years.

Facebook's version of the Taurus zodiac had this to say (with an abhorrent misuse of the apostrophe...Crazy, old, cat lady spinster is also OCD when it comes to spelling, grammar and punctuation. Seriously, it's all I can do to leave the mistake in here for you to see):

According to her Zodiac sign, Denise's patient and reliable, warmhearted and loving, persistent and determined, placid and security loving, jealous and possessive, resentful and inflexible, self-indulgent and greedy.

Hmm. To a tee. In a nutshell. Dead-on, balls accurate. Guess it beats being a stink cabbage.

1 comment:

  1. I had to read that 3 times because the apostrophe was throwing me off so bad. I did the flower thing too and I'm the same flower as yo momma!
    xo

    ReplyDelete