Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Was Wrong About You, Facebook

Facebook isn't quite the devil. Yes, there are totally annoying "apps" cleverly disguised as ads, and probably spyware. I've been avoiding most, if not all of them because it creeps me out a little when you are asked to "allow" an app and it clearly states, "Allowing 'What Beer Are You?' access will let it pull your profile information, photos, your friends' info, and other content that it requires to work." Uncomfortable. You're already kind of all out there as it is, though you can choose to only put the minimal amount of information if you want, but I was unable to restrain myself, and besides, that's what fuddy-duddy sites like LinkedIn are for (I'm there too, all fuddy-duddied up). Except I won't post my cell number. I'm not just gonna post that up for all and any. I hate talking on the phone as it is, and I don't think "It was stomped on 20 times, dunked in acid, run over by a car and taped to an M-80 and ignited" is going to fly come warranty time. Besides, I'm not all that sure there are "friends" (who, in some cases, I hesitantly added in the first place) that I want knowing everything about me.

Over the past couple of months, I've warmed up to the "What are you doing right now?" post. I'm having fun coming up with something amusing all smushed down to one sentence. For someone like me, who posts a small novel up on the sportbike club only to be informed our webmaster may charge per word, it's a creative challenge let me tell you (also, remember from a previous post I had mentioned the guy who hugs nice? He gently suggested to me many months ago that I might enjoy working on a blog. Whaddaya know? And thanks Turd. I'm sure the CVSC is somewhat relieved as well). And for some reason lately, I've been fascinated with the word "underpants," yet can't really find an outlet of humor for that particular aspect. Although the word itself is rather smirk-inducing. AH! I just thought of one.

Today, I was perusing my youngest cousin's profile and found somebody included him in a project where you hit a few websites and use information and images to create fake bands and their album covers. Also, putting one together in Fireworks (like Photoshop) has been educational. I may have a new addiction.

Here's my first album cover and instructions to create your own.


1 - Go to "wikipedia." Hit “random”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to "Random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use photoshop or similar to put it all together.

One more thing. Oh my God, why?

2 comments:

  1. You mean as in Captain? Captain Underpants? My 8 year old just returned a book to the library that was titled something like "The Adventures of Captain Underpants" I wouldn't make that up.

    I'll have to try the first album thing later.

    And plastic shrimp. Well, because you never know when you'll be hungry.

    ReplyDelete