Thursday, July 31, 2008

You hope the ground swallows you up...

...when the neighbors ride by just as your brother's mp3 player, plugged into the BIG speakers, starts playing "Hangin' Tough" by New Kids on the Block.

Which prompted us to conduct a quick poll of our most embarrassing song/artist on our mp3 player. Brother couldn't decide if the above or having Gordon Lightfoot on his player was worse.

Mostly Naked has John Denver's "Sunshine on my Shoulder" on his...I'm not sure if he's embarrassed by that, however.

I think my most embarrassing song is "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora. But that's the only one that comes to mind right now. I bet I can top it...Oh! Just remembered. John Denver, "Thank God I'm a Country Boy."

What's yours?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you're right, everyone has them. Me, being more mature than my favorite cousins, I have many! The one that stands out right now is Gigolos Get Lonely Too by The Time. But, I do think that I can offset every embarrassing song/artist with one that would surprise you. And, there is one that both you and I share because I downloaded after hearing it on your MP3 on the ski trip....Etta James! Here's one for you to try California Soul by Marlena Shaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is wrong with the younger generation? Etta James, embarassing? Gordon Lightfoot? These are CLASSICS. I'm happy to say that I have NO embarassing songs on my mp3. The Doors, Enya, Lightfoot, Billy Joel, Cher and yes, my favorite album from the teenage years, The Young Rascals. Perhaps you need to expound further on exactly what it means to be openly embarassed by music you listen to privately. Sounds like a personal problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be hangin tough...I crank my Gordon w/pride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Wiggles. Yes, The Wiggles. I hang my head in shame.

    What? I have to keep the kids happy....

    ReplyDelete